Common Questions

What is Taxes Now?

Taxes Now is a quality provider of tax services – we assist individuals, small business, and corporations with bookkeeping tactics, fast tax returns, and an understanding of the ins and outs of the tax world.

How will you get me the highest tax refund possible?

Thanks to our years of tax preparation expertise, we’ve developed specific tax refund strategies that work. Whether you’re interested in receiving an advance refund or your highest refund yet, Taxes Now has a custom successful strategy for you.

How does Rapid Refund work?

When you file, your tax return will be electronically sent to the IRS and our bank for processing. You will then be approved for $500, $800, or $1200 as long as none of the following apply:

  • You had your refund taken in recent years by the IRS
  • You currently owe back taxes to the IRS
  • You owe money to a government agency
  • Back Unemployment
  • Back Child Support
  • Delinquent Student Loans

How much do you charge?

Our fee is approximately a $100 less than our competitors! Our fee is based on how many dependents you claim and what forms are on your tax return. When you come in and file, you are under no obligation to file when you are given the price.

How long does it take to get a check?

After you file, the process will take about 2 – 4 hours. If you file in the morning or early afternoon, you will be able to get your check the day you file.

Where is “Taxes Now” located?

We are located just north of the corner of Prospect and Forrest Hill. If you can make it to the corner of Prospect and Forrest Hill just look for the yellow “Taxes Now” sign on Prospect.

What sets you apart from other tax service providers?

In addition to a highly skilled team and years of pertinent experience, Taxes Now differs from other tax service providers in two very important ways: we care about our customers, and we want to provide you with the most rapid refund possible!

How do I know if I owe back taxes to the IRS?

You can call 1-800-829-1040 and ask the IRS. To find out if you owe any government agency any money such as back child support, back unemployment, or delinquent student loans you can call the Financial Management Services at 800-304-3107.

What do I need to bring to get the Rapid Refund?

  • Valid ID such as Driver’s License or State Issued ID Card
  • Social security card for yourself
  • Social security card for each dependent
  • Medical card for yourself and dependents
  • Any W2’s from your job
  • Childcare connection forms if applicable

Why is the IRS holding refunds until February 15?

With the rise of self filed tax returns, there have been many fraudulent returns filed. Because of this, the IRS is holding and auditing many more refunds for which the recipient is receiving the Earned Income Credit. This is done for the purpose of preventing fraud.